Videos are ruling the digital marketing world today. It is not a surprise to see businesses and even individuals using videos to promote their products and services. According to a study conducted by Cisco in 2016, videos accounted for approximately 70% of the Internet traffic. It is also forecasted to rise up to 82% by 2021.
Videos offer a wide variety of content types so marketers need to be very careful with how they identify their audience’s needs. This is important so they’ll be able to effectively identify the right video format to use. But how can one determine which type of corporate videos will be effective? A good strategy is to concentrate on the buyer’s journey. What does this mean for you? Well, this simply means that you use a specific video that caters to the different stages of the buying process and the user’s informational needs.
Want to know more? Then read on.
What is Buyer’s Journey and Why Is It Important?
This is the entire process that a customer goes through from the moment they become aware of their problem or need until the time they decide to purchase a product or service.
So how does this work? In a nutshell, this is how it works:
THE AWARENESS STAGE: The target audience will realize that he/she has a potential problem, which needs to be solved.
THE CONSIDERATION STAGE: This is when your target audience starts to do their research on a solution to their problem, then evaluates their options before coming up with a solution.
THE DECISION STAGE: This is the part where the target audience decides from which company or brand they will purchase a product or service that will solve their problem.
So, what is it for marketers and businesses? It is very crucial to identify the target audience’s needs in order to provide their target with the right content to make a greater impact and be able to lead them through the sales funnel.
The best strategic option is through corporate videos and content to nurture the target audience with the information they need to grab their attention. If this strategic plan is used wisely, it will boost a company’s sales as they can increase the conversion rates by an estimated 80%.
Let’s analyze further the types of corporate videos that will work better in each stage of the buyer’s journey to help boost engagement through the process.
This stage is the starting point of the sales journey. This will be an opportunity to answer their questions and be able to guide them while you position your brand as a reference in the subject. Remember, you only have one chance to grab your audience’s attention and get them to engage to continue with your brand. Ensure that your content is on the right track and of high quality.
Ideal Video Formats
- EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS
These are videos designed to educate your audience about certain subjects and at the same time bring brand awareness and help position your company or brand as an expert.
- COMMERCIAL VIDEOS
Short videos that are created to attract people into the sales funnel using a fun and engaging storytelling technique. These are extremely effective in gaining visibility with paid ads, be able to increase brand awareness, and drive traffic to the website.
- SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS
These are videos that are made by considering each network’s practices and values to help optimize the content to the social media platform that you wish to advertise on. With social media, you will have more active users and high engagement rates.
This is the part where you need to educate your target audience about the solutions to their specific needs. This is to help the audience in their research by showing them the optimal solution to their problems.
Ideal Video Formats
- EXPLAINER VIDEOS: This should explain products or services in a short and friendly way. This should start with a certain pain point and then explain how that product or service can solve it. This is usually found on the website’s home pages and landing pages because this is an easy hook to catch your target audience’s attention.
This is where you can explain an idea in a few seconds, deliver the most fitting information for their stage on their journey. You can use YouTube’s ad campaigns, Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks due to its structure and shortness. Keep it lower than 2 minutes.
- WEBINARS: This is a web-based video presentation. The main goal for this is to educate and bring awareness to the audience in a thorough manner and in a friendly and human way. This is usually led by an influencer or expert in a specific subject matter.
- HOW-TO’s: These are videos that offer the target audience helpful guidance in a fun and entertaining way. Goal is still to educate potential clients on certain areas whether it is a service or product.
Now that the target audience are aware of their problem and found a satisfying solution, so this is the stage that decide. The decision stage is where you build trust with your brand so they will decide to purchase from you.
Ideal Video Formats
- CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL: Most buyers decide on purchasing a product if they see, read, or hear a testimonial from an existing customer or client. The best video to get your potential customer to decide is via client testimonial because these are very powerful.
- FAQs: This is to provide relevant information about common inquiries on the product or service to clear up any doubts your potential buyer may have. These are great for lead nurturing. This is another way to build brand trust to your target audience.
- COMPANY STORY VIDEOS: These are the “About Us” to present the brand, the mission and vision that your brand stands for. This is to humanize a company and make it more personal.
- PRODUCT VIDEOS: Show the best features of a product or service. Make sure it is entertaining but brief. This also allows the company to build trust about your company’s product or service.
Overall, it is crucial to understand all the steps that a buyer goes through before purchasing a product or service so that you can provide the right video content to create a bigger impact. But do not forget to provide high quality corporate videos not just a very good video content.